I'm starting this because as it says at the top of the page, I'm trying to lose weight...again. I started Weight Watchers on Saturday and at the request of two good friends, I started writing.
I've always had a problem with my weight and body image. I can remember the first time thinking I was fat. I was in early elementary school and we were standing lined up in the hallway. I can remember looking down at my stomach and thinking it was too big so I spent a few minutes trying to suck it in. From that moment onward, 'sucking in' became an automatic response. When I was sitting down and 'sucking in' didn't work, a well placed pillow or blanket in front of me worked just fine. It's to the point where I've noticed myself doing this when I'm alone and nobody is watching - it's become a security blanket of sorts.
I started Weight Watchers because my Grandma wanted to. I went over to her house the other week and she said she was going to start WW again and she really wanted me to do it with her. She said we'd be more successful doing it together and I believe her. In my experience, diets go best when you have somebody doing it with you because you have somebody supporting you.
So, one meeting down and a general grasp on the program, I'm drinking the WW kool-aid. (In reality, I'm not that upset about joining. I just have a knack for being overdramatic and a taste for complaining.)
Well, tldr, I started Weight Watchers with my Grandma and I suppose this will be my documentation of the experience.
No comments:
Post a Comment